Kids and taxes

When my kids were small and had little money, I decided that I would pay the taxes on all of their very own purchases. Which, at that time, wasn't very much money. But as time goes by and their purchases get bigger with the money they earn, my tax portion is also getting higher.

I mentioned earlier about my boys and their delivering of phone books to earn money. One of my boys, put his phone book money together with some xmas money, and had enough to purchase a brand new larger screen HDTV for his Xbox. This TV costs $495., so far so good. But when both mafia-like taxes and that stupid lets-look-like-we-are-doing-something environment fee are added, this $495 TV is now costing $595. That's an addition of 100 &%#&%#@ dollars!

And I don't have the heart to make them try to come up with another $100 dollars. That $495 saved for the HDTV had already been in the plans for the past year. My kids just don't have any other money. So it's Mom that will come up with the difference. Because that's what moms do.

1 comment:

  1. Hi, ur post is really informative, while reading ur blog I truly like & enjoy it. I just wanna suggest that u should go for blog advertising & marketing there is a site which is offering very unique features at affordable prices there are expert advertising team who will promote ur blog & affiliate ads through all over the networks which will definitely boost ur traffic & readers. Finally I have bookmarked ur blog & also shared this blog to my friends.. i think my friend might too like it hope u have a wonderful day & !!happy blogging!!.

    ReplyDelete