Daycare Dilemmas

I have had three sitters in one day.  I sometimes needed three in order the work two full time jobs.  It went like this:  I drop my little boys off at daycare, who then takes them to school in the morning, and back to the daycare in the afternoon.  Afterschool, around 3 - 4 pm, Brittney, a high school student, picks them up from daycare and takes them to our home.  Around this time, I am leaving one job, changing into a uniform, and going to another job.  After finishing at the second job, it is between 10 - 1130 pm, and Brittney needs a ride home and the kids are asleep.  I call my neighbor, and one of her daughters, Sarah or Ashley, comes over and watches the kids while I drive Brittney home, takes 20 minutes.  That's 3 babysitters!

I remember once getting out of bed on a Sunday, and almost confused as I didn't have a job to go to that day.  I looked at my calendar, I had had ONE day off in 42 days!

Sometimes, I couldn't get a babysitter for Saturdays.  As the girls would be older and get real paying jobs.   And I would just have to take that day off.  Luckily, there were other people that could cover for me. 

Needless to say, I don't ever want to work 2 full time jobs again, but I do take temporary full time jobs, like the evening and weekend shifts when there is an Election.




Of course, there is another alternative, and that is to check out further educational possibilities. Then you won't need two jobs.

No comments:

Post a Comment